Monday, July 11, 2011

Design: NBA Finals

I was cleaning out my flash drive this morning when I came across a mock design I put together back in December. It was shortly after the Miami Heat beat the Chicago Bulls and the NBA Finals was set against the Dallas Mavericks and the Heat.

When I designed it I was still under the impression that there was no way the Mavs were going to put together four wins against the three-headed beast of the Heat, and I would have undoubtedly bet a year's pay that would have been the case. But looking back on it now, 2 of 3 of my headlines were hinting at a Mavs win (Big German promises revenge; LeBron scared of making it to the Finals). So, maybe that was my inner MFFL that had been locked up for so many years trying to tell me these Mavs were the real deal.

Luckily I didn't make that bet.

Looking back on the design as a whole today, I'm still happy with how it turned out. It has a few errors in it or things I would like to change (See: Scoreboard in the Rangers-Yankees story; Lebron's mugshot; all the copy is one column; the Mavs-Heat preview box could be way cooler, something like a gradient with blue and red), but overall, it's pretty clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment