Monday, May 2, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting

I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting my next narrative story to be published in tomorrow's Banner-Press. It follows the story of young Christopher Langley, an 18-year-old Burton High School student who was involved in a near head-on collision that almost killed him. But through prayers and sheer-will to live, he survived.

The anticipation is killing me. I can't stop my mind from wondering if all my facts are right? Are all my words true? Is the story well-constructed and readable? Did I overwrite and take away from the story (a problem I've had with past narratives).

And that's just the beginning.

How will the readers, the community take my story? What if I let Chris and his story down. As confident as I was at the beginning, I can't help but feel a bit of insecurity the night before it hits stands.

So much for getting any sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment